- Explore student’s academic interests and college goals.
- Review high school academic record and standardized test scores, and make recommendations about curriculum and testing.
- Discuss extracurricular interests and activities.
- Provide overview of college admission process, including how colleges evaluate applications and what selective colleges want to see in applicants.
- Answer questions about college planning and applications.
Comprehensive College Counseling Program
Professional guidance and support throughout the college admissions process, including:
Planning & Preparation
- Evaluate academic profile and suggest courses that support the student’s college goals.
- Help student choose extracurricular activities and summer programs that develop interests and talents, and increase the likelihood of admission to preferred colleges.
- Recommend appropriate SAT/ACT tests, dates, strategies and test preparation.
College Search & Selection
- Clarify educational goals, learning style, career interests, and personal preferences.
- Develop preliminary list of colleges tailored to the student’s needs and the family’s financial situation. List is updated as the student evaluates each school.
- Guide families in planning productive college visits.
- Develop college application plan and oversee student progress.
- Assist student in brainstorming essay ideas and provide feedback on multiple drafts.
- Prepare student for successful interviews.
- Advise family on scholarships and financial aid process.
- Review completed applications.
- Review college admission offers and financial aid packages and help with final college choice.
- Prepare for the transition to college.
In addition to the comprehensive program, all services are also available on an hourly basis, in pre-paid four hour blocks.
All services available via phone, Skype and email.
All services are provided in accordance with the ethical standards and practices set by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) and Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).